Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I'm still here......honest

            A thousand grovelling apologies dear readers (must be at least 5 of you by now!) for my totally inadequacy in providing regular posts upon this here sad excuse for a blog. Truth be told that I’ve been a tad busy over the last couple weeks, well to be absolutely honest I haven’t been a tad busy at all, oh no, no, thrice no. To tell the real truth I’ve been that busy I’ve had neither the time to draw breath or fart for that matter. In-between the wonderful 12 hour shifts at the holiday camp that is work (that’ll be me being sarcastic for those who don’t read my blog regularly), trying to sort of project manage the Roy Rogers of all builders defacing, ahem, redesigning our front garden walls, myself adding an extension to Poultry Towers ready for imminent new arrivals (oh yes more chucks are heading this way thanks to Mr. Gray), trying to plan the redesigned front garden from grass desert into an oasis of flowers using traditional old cottage garden breeds, wild flowers, herbs and a water feature (haven’t mentioned that bit to Clare yet, oops), general maintenance on the car and house, and still walking the trails with the Warthog life has been a tad hectic. Oh and not forgetting more home brewing, garage work and general thumb up me arse activities which all seem to take hours more than first thought. Oh and another thing that has taken some time is me trying to formulate a plan in which I can…. Erm…. how can I put this with out coming across as some deluded psycho?.... Erm basically shoot a neighbour of mine and get away with it (yep I think that came across OK). I really do need to be cloned or invest in a time machine lately, although it’s debatable whether the world could handle another Welsh Hobbit like me.
           
I've still to e-mail several folk all of which or long overdue a word from me, so sorrys go to Casey, Damn, Laurie, Leigh and a host of others but I will get there, honest (might be in a week or so but it will happen).

            So that’s about it, a blathering list of half cocked excuses as to the reason for my neglect of my friends in blog land. Hopefully normal service will soon be resumed and I’ll also have time to catch up with my favourite reads out there. Oh and being as I always try to put in one photograph to accompany my tangential ramblings here be one of the newly extended Poultry Towers, not 100% complete be nearly done and it gives the chucks another 12 square feet in which to spread and includes a dust bath and perching branch, hey all mod cons or what?


So until the next time (sooner and with the usual blathering) take good care my friends.

John

9 comments:

Kim said...

Ooh I say!! A chicken house loft conversion! I like it a lot! Sounds like you're enjoying your new role as poultry keeper then? Good to see you posting - and if you find a way of disposing of neighbours in a reasonably quick and effective manner then please let me know!

Gorges Smythe said...

Good to hear from you, John. (And Poultry Towers looks quit cosmopolitan!)

Jennytc said...

Hope the hens will realise how lucky they are with their deluxe accommodation, John. :)

Damn The Broccoli said...

When do they get the hot tub then?

Also I hear time machines are easy, all you need is a flux capacitor and possibly roads although this is optional.

Mark Kautz said...

Hey John. I think I'm probably the one most sympathic with your lack of time to fart, than anyone. You can see I'm running behind reading others blogs as usual, but I always get to yours. As I'm reading about your chicken hotel, I keep thinking I should put one up at my place. Only problem is the fox population. Would probably have to stay up nights and shoot them, but then I'd collect the ire of the neighbors for that. So I guess I'll remain chickenless and enjoy reading about yours.

Mark

Chris said...

Hey Murph, I'm building a time machine! I'll pop over yesterday to show it to you.

Nice coop. Just need to add a swimming pool and bar and you're there!

Helene Burnett said...

Lovely poultry split level! Soon those girls will be expecting mints on their pillows every night!

Are they laying? Our girls have adjusted to the heat and are producing like champs. The lone duck is a challenge, she hides her eggs from the rude humans. Tasty eggs though.

Looking forward to new pictures of your rambles when you have more time ( as if more time is that easy to find, yes?).

Gotta shake out my shoes (see blog on scorpions), put 'em on , and get out to take care of our critters.

Bill said...

I'm still here too John. The Poultry Towers look great! Had to laugh at the part about shooting your neighbor. No need to elaborate if you don't want. lol

murphyfish said...

Hey folks, you know that bit about making more time and posting more? well er .... oops! Cheers for the comments and normal service will resume ... some bleedin' day...