Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A friend in need...

I have a relatively new friend in this world of blogging whose family has been hit with news of devastation that makes me really want to cry. It put my woes in perspective and has practically dumped me on my fat arse. All I'm asking of you folk out there is to say hello to Rachel and let her know that there are good folk out there thinking of her and her family in their time of need. Knowing her she won't want acres of sympathy, the wailing and gnashing of teeth, or loads of advice for that matter - just a short hello to let her know that her family are in peoples thoughts and prayers that's all I ask.
Your friend,
John



13 comments:

Rachel Flowers said...

What a very lovely thing to do for me Mr Murphyfish :) And a big thankyou too to some new friends.
Isn't the internet a fabulous thing?
Virtual hugs of support when you need it, yet can't accept it because it's too painfully difficult and you start to cry those big snotty sobby tears from living breathing in the room nearest and dearest, makes my world at least a better place. ( Apologies for the dreadfully over long sentence there!)

Karl said...

Hey John,

Heart of gold mate...

Karl.

murphyfish said...

A pleasure Rachel, a pleasure

Cheers Karl

Karen Thomason/Gordon Setter Crossing said...

You're a good man John. I paid a visit of encouragement. I just wanted to tell you I noticed the Whippet....nice.

murphyfish said...

Nah it's just a clever ruse Karen, never been a good guy ;o) going to have a go at carving the whippet design, something good about it. Cheers for dropping by to Rachel's
John

gpc said...

Ditto on what a good guy you are.

Keith said...

Good one my friend.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com/

Mark Kautz said...

Done.

Mark

Missy said...

You are a good friend. This story is terrible. I cannot imagine. Prayers for this family!

Gorges Smythe said...

Another name on my prayer list John! Bless you.

murphyfish said...

Thank you all for popping over to Rachel's blog and lending your support - brings back a little faith in human nature.
John

Helene Burnett said...

Let's "make it so". What a lovely idea!

Eryn said...

Anyone who would do such a sweet thing & prompt an out-pouring of love for my dearest friend is A-okay in my book!

Love to you from across the pond!